Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell I
CrimsonBlood 
Freshman

Reg: 03-15-18
02-03-24 10:54 PM - Post#362720    
    In response to mobrien

Frustrating loss. Mack played well, but had very little help.
Harvard shot 26% from 3 and 55% from the FT line. That isn’t going to cut it.

If you exclude Mack (who was 3-6 from 3), Harvard shot 2/13 from 3 point land (15%). That just isn’t going to win.

Unfortunately, this is still an injury ravaged Harvard team with significant roster holes, no shooting, and one very promising freshman PG. He needs help.

About the game:

Ajogbor gets in foul trouble.. our rim protection is basically nothing when he is out. In one key possession, Cornell got 3 or 4 offensive rebounds in a row with him out.

Harvard again turned the ball over a lot against Cornell pressure. The Harvard guards (excluding Mack) just are not great ball handlers. IMO, Wojcik might be second best ball handler, but he was out again. Lesmond in particular just looks uncomfortable dribbling. I get he is a spot up 3 point shooter, but flow basically stops when he is passed the ball if he doesn’t shoot.

Isaiah Gray from Cornell just destroyed us, especially when Ajogbor was not in to protect the rim.

On the bright side, I thought Nesbitt looked good and gave them a spark. I wonder why he has not been given more playing time. He was a first team all state guard and set his HS scoring record. He had a great “and one” and hit a nice 3. He looked fast, athletic, and confident. That is rare outside of Mack for Harvard guards right now.

Pigge continues to have flashes. He is strong around the hoop and has some good moves. If he can develop his handles to be less turnover prone, he could develop into a solid player for us.

Overall, it feels like Harvard lacks an identity. We have Mack… and that’s kind of it. But we don’t seem to have a strategy on offense. I’d love to see more ball screens, better motion, etc. less standing around and hoping Mack does something great. This was in stark contrast to Cornell that has a very clear identity. They full court press all game, play a deep bench, and shoot a lot of 3’s in transition.

On to the next one…

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.139 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:57 AM