Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 23/24 Men's Awards
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-29-24 12:04 PM - Post#364155    
    In response to ToothlessTiger

Just to defend myself a little, I don't disagree that Allocco has been good. But there are only ten spots.

I agree with whitakk that Wolf/Lee/Pierce/Manon are absolute locks for first team. Lilly seems like a lock for something to me, and Owusu-Anane has put up tremendous numbers, so I have to think he gets something if Brown makes the ILT. That's six right there. We have four spots left.

De gustibus and all that, but I can't think Knowling gets left off - his numbers have been too good (and better than Allocco's). Mack has put up tremendous numbers even though Harvard's spacing is a tire fire and he never has a clean driving lane. Plus he's the top assist man in the conference.

Now we have two spots left, and I don't think it would be egregious to give one to Allocco. But does Princeton deserve a third spot more than Cornell deserves a second? Or more than Columbia deserves one at all? Mbeng is fifth on the all-KenPom team, what about him? There's a lot of talent in the league this year, and I dunno that all the deserving players will get recognized. (Maybe they could give one of Mbeng or Allocco DPoY and the other an all-Ivy slot, I dunno.)

Edited by iogyhufi on 02-29-24 12:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.199 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:09 PM