Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn Tops Columbia Men 84-72
Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
03-05-24 11:18 AM - Post#364548    
    In response to cc66

palestra38, with all due respect, your pro-keep Engles comment is based upon the rather absurd statement that the "...coach ran off knowing he had nothing in the pipeline here..." I have never heard that one before. My understanding is that Coach Smith went back to the West Coast for personal reasons and that he left his successor, Engles a huge amount of talent including Petrasek, Meisner, Tape and incoming freshman, Mike Smith, amongst others. I also know for a fact that had worked very hard during his tenure at Columbia to cultivate relationships with top high school coaches who highly respected him. It is ridiculous for keep trying to justify Columbia retaining Engles by making comparisons with his predecessor who built a winning program at Columbia and is now considered to be one of the top college basketball coaches in the United States.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.189 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:55 AM