Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 23/24 Men's Awards
TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
03-10-24 11:59 AM - Post#364953    
    In response to LocalTiger

I's sorry Local Tiger, but I just don't know how you give Earl COY over Mitch. Brian got it two year's ago for a fourth place finish and I don't see how you would go back to him two years later for a second place tie. Mitch was arguably jobbed in 2022 when he didn't win the award after coaching the Tigers to an outright title after the brutal COVID year.

Brian is a great coach but what Mitch and the Tigers have done this year, after losing three starters from the Sweet Sixteen team, is extraordinary. They win the league outright while everyone thought Yale would come out on top, pulled off the rare three-peat, compiled a 24-3 record and are top-10 in the nation in all the "discipline stats" (turnovers, asst/TO ratio, fewest fouls, FT shooting).

Mitch has built a phenomenal program here. That should be an argument for him receiving COY, not an argument against it.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.117 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:29 AM