Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 23/24 Men's Awards
gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
03-13-24 02:08 PM - Post#365100    
    In response to penn nation

Like the Oscars, it was mostly what you expect with 1 or 2 surprises.

Pierce goes from ROY to POY. He's been super clutch and virtually mistake-free since the day he arrived. While Lee is probably the MVP for the entire season (including non-conf), Pierce was the right choice for Ivy POY.

I wouldn't have minded if Henderson and Earl tied for COY, but there's no doubt Mitch deserves his flowers this year. After losing Tosan and Langborg, a 2nd or 3rd place finish with a Top 100 NET would have been considered a success. No matter what happens in the ILT, it's been an all-time great season for the program.

I really thought Owusu-Anane deserved 1st Team. Lilly wouldn't be my vote to replace him, but the coaches chose the guy who's #1 on their scouting report. Fair enough. Slajchert making 2nd Team after missing 6 games is... a choice. He's a phenomenal player but that's over 40% of the Ivy season. By contrast, Knowling only missed 3 games and was left off 2nd Team.

But hey, it's all about this weekend. I'm sure every player, coach and fan would trade an award for a ticket to the NCAAs.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.325 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:48 PM