Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Auburn
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
03-21-24 08:11 AM - Post#366006    
    In response to james

headed to auburn, al for an equestrian match. cruel irony. ex teammate said he'd rather be in spokane (he hates the matchup and worries bc yale cldnt get efficient shots off against brown with ease) than alabama. but he's still going! thats a dig at auburn alabama

i know. seems like a oxymoron. but its actually a cool town as are most SEC campus towns these days. big sports bring in big money and more applicants. reflexive; has changed a lot in 20 years even. wish the ivies noticed and cared but with their endowments dont really have to for now.

i dont like this matchup for the reasons i have cited and agree w my shooting guard.
separately I watched cornell and princeton one because i wanted them to win and make a run for the league and 2)get a feel for our league as a general marker vs the world. case studies are sometimes better than metrics even though you have to adjust for style, location, matchups, etc.

unlike most if not all years you had two teams in the NIT! but we lost both. darn it

so i was disappointed with the scoreboard results for the league. cornell did well without manon and generally looked its part on the road maybe shldve won but certainly had the lead inside 1 minute. they did sacrifice some run for the boards and that didnt work. they got pounded there more than yale could do.
the princeton defense and rebounded got sliced. iggy said it best and i wont repeat.
but if yale cant eat there with princeton 2x --4/5 will be hell at auburn.
and i guess thats why brown flipped the script on all of us.
i dont think the officials did princeton much of a solid in a home game i will say. lastly unlv had some wins also this yr

optimism or not i am wearing my yale basketball polo in hostile territory but maybe thats not tough a day before the game.

we'll see. the fans are rabid down here even when its not football.

go bulldogs! i hope for the best but expect the worst.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.222 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:54 PM