Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Let's brainstorm a plan
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
04-20-24 09:14 AM - Post#367613    
    In response to CM

Well, we have some pretty good evidence that kids are already thinking that way. Understand that I’m not arguing for the no scholarships policy. I’m just assuming scholarships are off the table. I totally agree that scholarships would enable us to compete for recruits a lot better than my idea. I just don’t think there is any chance of that happening.

In regard to how kids are thinking, I think Perkins’ interview the other day gives you a pretty good indicator. They’re all in where they are, until they’re all in somewhere else. And it appears kids aren’t burning bridges with their former teams — everybody knows this is the landscape now. Yes, the degree still will keep some kids around for 4 years regardless of NIL, and that is why I think it is good to get the best players you can in the door. Some of them will see the value and reward the faith in them by staying. If as a program you emphasize that you are all in for what is best for the player/student, even if that means transferring somewhere else, you may find that kids who have opportunities elsewhere stick around.

As to the question of how the Presidents (or admissions) see basketball transfers generally, I doubt they care.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:56 PM