Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Coach Sydney Johnson
EddieAlberto 
Freshman

Reg: 03-21-11
04-09-11 09:32 AM - Post#103785    
    In response to Tiger69

I don't feel bad for Princeton University or its basketball program. The decision to keep Sydney Johnson, or turn him loose, was completely within the University's control and the University made a business decision.

Obviously, noone can feel bad for Sydney Johnson. He too had a great option which was to leave for a job where the program is committed to winning, where he is wanted and where he will make more money. he just has to deal with the short term hypocrite label.

The ONLY victims in this situation (as is usually the case) are the returning players and the new recruits at Princeton, who chose Princeton as their university of choice to play basketball in large part because SJ was the head coach and they believed in his loyalty toward them. Those kids have no ability to control any part of this, and they are the ones who are now left scrambling to make the best of what has been dropped in their laps. Their options are far more limited than anyone else affected by this.

I can only imagine the last meeting between SJ and Doug Davis. "Hey Doug, thanks for that buzzer beater. I am now headed off to greener pastures. Good luck in your senior year with a new coach."
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.634 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:46 PM