Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Canisius
LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
01-08-12 01:14 PM - Post#116140    
    In response to loco09

Walker looked bad because he is bad.

I have never been a fan of him, but at least in year's past it didn't seem like he hurt the team effort. Such is not the case this year. Going small (i.e. having Etherly and Winbush at the 5 and 4 respectively) is such a better option. It's like Walker is some great rebounder anyway, Winbush and Olsen can make that up, if not exceed him.

He doesn't understand how to switch on screens and it's alarming that a player on a Division 1 men's basketball can be so clueless about that. I think I've seen him dunk the ball once ever in the 3 or 4 years he's been here. I don't need dunks but when his soft layups get blocked in the paint, I would like our 6'10" center to throw the ball down with some authority, at the very least get fouled. Being so tall, he has to make a conservative effort not to dunk rather than to dunk and I don't understand it at all.

Up 4 with Shane in the game.. he comes out and we push the lead to 18. Once Latham is back.. I think him, Brooks, and Walker should all be getting equal minutes (not a lot) and we ride Winbush and Etherly most of the time, using those 3 to spell them.

Nevermind the fact that Shane looked like he was going to cry on the bench and sulking his night away. You can't have that. If you're upset with your playing time, do something about it when you're on the court. Maybe he was injured but this is not based off of one game, this is based off of watching this kid waste his size for the last 4 years. Thank god Patsos finally placed him firmly where he belongs, on the bench.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.21 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:35 PM