American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Latest "Bracketolography"
lca1011 
Freshman

Reg: 01-24-06
02-28-06 02:40 PM - Post#16238    
    In response to boxman

Quote:

Just once, I want to see a bracketologist have the balls to give a school like HC, Utah State, or Hofstra an upset auto-bid and have to place Bucknell, Nevada, George Mason, and UNC-Wilmington.

Boxman, unfortunately, thats not how bracket predictions work. To the best of my understanding, those brackets are what they would look like if the season ended today. Therefore, even though it may be nice to see HC in the bracket, and therefore determine what BU's at-large possibilities are, they wouldn't. Simply because, at this point, BU, as the number one seed is the patriot league automatic bid. If we lost to Army, I am sure that HC would become the automatic bid.

I remember Lunardi addressing this question in a chat, b/c someone had complained that the team currently in the bracket was not likely to win the automatic bid (they had upset two teams in early jan.). He simply stated that at this point in the season, they were the leaders and therefore were listed as the auto-bid.

So, to answer your question, I don't think its a matter of balls, but the methodology they use. I'm sure you can make a bracket predication yourself and put the lower teams in, but its less likely to be accurate.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.178 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:20 AM