Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Kyle Smith to San Francisco
Chet Forte 
Postdoc

Reg: 03-02-08
03-30-16 11:35 AM - Post#205519    
    In response to cc66

There is an unspoken rule in the Ivies, possibly breached by Harvard with Amaker through a booster group, that a head coach will not get paid more than a full professor. My guess is that Kyle, who is still relatively young, was making around 250K and that he probably would have doubled that at USF. This is part of the same Ivy philosophy that precludes the 8 schools from granting athletic scholarships. Great Ivy coaches like Bagnoli, Murphy and Joe Jones do not stay around for the money but for the many other benefits of coaching at one of these great schools. While I am grateful to Kyle for elevating our program, I am disappointed that he chose to walk and hope that his successor does not view this job as a stepping stone. This is very similar to the Craig Robinson and Sydney Johnson moves from Brown and Princeton.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.166 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:04 PM