Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: New NCAA scheduling rule- Bison can play 29 games?
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
07-28-06 02:32 PM - Post#21689    

I'm confused. I thought the new NCAA rule allowed a 28-game regular season schedule (assuming no exempt tournaments), plus a conference tournament. However, some teams seem to have 29 games on their 2006-07 schedule, even with no exempt event. For example, see St Francis, who has 18 conference games plus 11 non-conference and clearly no exempt tournaments: http://www.francis.edu/athletics/mbball/mbballschedule.shtm (Others I saw with 29 games and no exempt event include Jacksonville, Manhattan, and E. Kentucky)

Lafayette has 29 games but two are in the exempt pre-season NIT. This fits in with what I thought the new rule was, i.e. 27 games plus one exempt tournament, or else (I thought) 28 games. I can't find an easy-to-understand summary of the final version of the scheduling rule. In the absence of an exempt tournament, does the new rule allow 29 games?

If 29 games are allowed, then with Villanova presumably off of this year's schedule we have room for Xavier, Penn State, and the TBD at home.

Any experts out there on the 2006-07 scheduling rule?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:05 AM