Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cambridge
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
03-19-19 05:51 PM - Post#282130    
    In response to HGA

It's so disappointing on so many levels, not the least of which is that Brown has a chance to gain its first-ever 20-win season, and it would be nice to have Dez around for that.

His leaving Brown is an absolute body blow. There is no question about that. But many of us - myself included - have been expecting this might happen. I was wondering about it after his freshman year, and after his non-conference season, it got more real. What I didn't know was the role the Ivy season played in making that happen - whether it would limit his options as to places he could transfer, or whether it would make him more actively seek out a team where opponents wouldn't key on him as much.

The news completely sucks, and takes some of the air out of Wednesday's game, for starters. But it's not a shocker.

Leland King, by the way, ended up doing fine basketball-wise. He had a huge grad year for CSSB, and they ended up being a pretty good team. Unfortunately, he forfeited the Ivy degree. So what you hope for Dez is that the school he's transferring to either a) gets him to the NBA or b) gets him an ample degree.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.39 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:32 AM