Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Around the Patriot League 2019-20
Steve 
Freshman

Reg: 08-12-09
01-30-20 12:12 PM - Post#297818    
    In response to Bison137

Lafayette is just a brutal matchup for Colgate. Credit to the Leopards. IMHO, they're the PL team best suited to hang with 'Gate given their 3-point success (29th in nation in percentage and tied for 33rd in makes).

Losing Cummings and Records last night didn't help, though (hope those two are healthy ASAP), and Gate is probably winning a shootout with those two on the floor.

It also didn't help that Lafayette had a hot shooting night and the Raiders had a lid on the basket near the end.

Of course, I think other PL teams are solid too. For example, I think Army is regressing to its mean after a tough start. I watched them play Colgate, and that game was pretty evenly matched.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if any of the top 7 won the tournament.

As I said in the beginning of the year, I think Gate is the best team but that it's about a coin flip as to whether they are the PL's NCAA tournament representative. As some of you have said, the gap between No. 1 and the field is not that vast.

Love this Colgate team, but this is going to be a fight to the finish.

Bison137: Attendance is what it is. One of my favorite memories as a student was the 08 semi v. Bucknell, never replicated again during my time there. Great atmosphere.

But the norm there is awkward silence, sneakers squeaking and coaches yelling at players taking up much of the noise. And inflated box score attendance numbers, at least during my time.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.933 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:22 AM