American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Some Other Perspectives
atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
02-03-20 04:18 PM - Post#298485    
    In response to Bison137

I fall somewhere in the middle on this discussion. Let us not sugar coat that this season is anything less than a disappointment and that the coaching staff had not done as strong a job with this group of players as it has in the past. Yet when teams are good, coaches get too much credit. When they are poor, coaches get too much credit. Happy to argue with anyone the merits of the performance of this team, but this is not the SEC. While coaches are hired to win, at this level it goes beyond that. This program continues to be a credit to the university year in year out. After this year we will only be able to say we won 3 of the past 4 regular season titles. Say what you will about Paulsen's recruits being the cornerstone even in this disaster of a year we are currently 5-5 in league play. We fans need to have a longer view of things than 1 bad season. I always hope coaches will be self aware enough to grow and change when they have areas where they can show improvement, but a call to fire this staff based on performance over the past 4 weeks in light of the past 4 years is ridiculous in my opinion.
Ray Bucknell!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.925 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:21 PM