Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Some Other Perspectives
raybucknell12 
Freshman

Reg: 02-19-12
02-03-20 04:52 PM - Post#298490    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

@BRW, I was several rows behind you, and my hearing isn't all that great, so I'll defer to you on what he specifically said. From what I remember, he was yelling directly at the coach's side of the Bison bench. That anger could have been directed at no one specific, too. I can't say what was in his head at the time.

The other two games that I attended this year, one win and one loss, had more players/coaches/officials than fans + staff. The gym did not have all that much background noise. From what I remember, the team did not seem nearly as attentive as previous teams, certainly not those in the DP era. Generally, the effort and energy was lackluster in those two games (despite the victory in the first game). I can recall one player in particular, an upperclassman, who in the past, I have considered to be one of the leaders of this team. I can't say I remember many games like that in DP's tenure. Losses, sure, but never any games in which we were out-matched on an effort level.

I'm struggling to level with those who would not trade ND for DP at this point. Paulsen recruited two of the greatest classes EVER in program history (2013-Muscala,Willman,Joh nson; 2018-Thomas,Foulland,Brow n). In fact, I'd challenge anyone to name one that is better (MAYBE some of the classes in 2005-2006 seasons). Not to mention other top-tier talent sprinkled in there (Ayers, Hass, Sestina).

With that kind of talent, you don't even need to be a stellar coach to win games in the Patriot League. Heck, even Davis did in 2017 and 2018 with those guys. This is his first season with only his recruits. And we're seeing how good "his" guys are. Not even top half of the Patriot League, and not even a strong Patriot League at that.

Some other thoughts:
1. Have we forgotten about the suspensions back in 2018? Bruce was a integral part of that team, and sat on the bench as we lost by a few possessions to MSU. Could we have won with him out there? Maybe. Yes, Bruce, et al., made rash decisions to break team rules, but at some point, the coach, the leader of the team, has to bear some sort of responsibility. I can't recall that ever happening in the DP era. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
2. Its painful to watch Kentucky all season long. Really happy to see Nate get tons of playing time and succeed. But if he is talented enough to be a integral player at program like Kentucky, he should have lit up the Patriot League last season. IMO, there should be no reason, other than lack of player development, that he did not dominate that league (a la Muscala 2011-13) and win MOP last season. What a disappointment that we wasted his one season in the starting lineup.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.335 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:40 PM