Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
02-05-20 08:42 PM - Post#298666    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

• HARVARDDADGRAD Said:
I know I'm biased, but I've been really impressed with Lewis' defense this year. Less fouling and causing opposing Ivy centers to limit shots. Aririzugoh (3-7, Brodeur (6-13) and Knight (4-11 & 4-7) had to work hard to score, shooting 44.7%, almost all shots close in. Lewis also has 11 blocks in 4 Ivy games, easily leading the league.

Lewis will do fine vs Atkinson, wonder if Baker can guard Bruner. Baker was awesome at Lavietes vs Yale last year in Crimson double digit victory with 13pts, 7rbs. Atkinson scored 7 and Bruner scored 5. Baker barely played in Yale II at Yale but Atkinson & Bruner each only scored 6. Baker didn't play much in Tourney Final, but Yale - despite scoring 97pts - didn't rely on Bruner (10pts) and Atkinson (8pts).

Looks like Yale guards did the scoring, at least vs Harvard, last year.

You are biased, but I agree. Lewis has been a monster on defense for longer stretches this year. Best I have seen him in a couple years. He will give Atkinson all he can handle.

Atkinson is a totally different player this year from last. He is much more aggressive and, as has been mentioned, is taking many more shots that previously went to Oni.

Atkinson is in the group with those other bigs, he isn't better. Maybe he'll end up better but he should get going if his 4 year numbers are going to anywhere in close to AJ's.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.153 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:34 PM