American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Women's Basketball 2019-20
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
02-23-20 11:47 AM - Post#301508    
    In response to bison75

I see that yesterday‘s game drew more than 1000 people to Sojka, one of the best attendances the women have ever had other than the education day crowds. I think it is possible that we may see games in the next couple of years where the women outdraw the men.

Since Aaron Roussel took over, and continuing through this year, the women’s team has been extremely fan friendly. They stay on the court after games to talk to friends and any fan who wants to greet them - especially kids. So do the coaches. And they appreciate the fans who turn out for road games. All of that is the opposite of the attitude of the men’s staff, who generally treat their fans as if they have some sort of contagious disease. The coaches give the impression that they would be just as happy if they played in front of a crowd of 15 people - and if not one fan supported them on the road. (Note: I don’t put John Griffin in that category, but unfortunately he is gone.)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.771 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:00 AM