Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: NCAA Tournament
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
03-10-20 12:53 PM - Post#303965    

Well, uh...

Yeah. The Ivy League administrators really seem to love shooting themselves in the foot to make points. I'm not necessarily saying that they're wrong, but note that the Big East and Atlantic-10 conferences are having their tournaments in NYC and haven't canceled. I'm sure that those conferences had to consider the same things - plus those tournaments weren't make-or-break for the teams likeliest to win.

Well, whatever. This unequivocally benefits the Yale men's team, so I won't complain too much, but this seems like foolishness on a massive scale.

Yale is likely to get a 12 seed in the NCAA tournament, which is a great situation for the possibility of pulling an upset. Butler, Oregon, and Wisconsin look like the most attractive possible opponents to me who are projected in that range, but we'll see.

I suppose Yale can at least still lay claim to winning the last 14-Game Tournament this way.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.268 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:58 PM