Username Post: Ian Motta commits to the Bison
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
07-15-20 03:04 PM - Post#310434    
    In response to Bison89

• Bison89 Said:
Here is a post game interview with Ian Motta and one of his teammates. He does not seem to have a PR accent. I wonder how long he has lived in TX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ym9e3e5w00

He has lived in Texas for most of his life, but may well have relatives in Puerto Rico. I have done numerous business trips to PR, and one thing I can tell you is that many Puerto Ricans speak English with absolutely no accent. The students in the better schools start intensive English by first grade. And many of the upper class go to prep school and/or college in the US.

By the way, Santurce - his original hometown - is one of the districts of San Juan. It is just east of Old San Juan and includes Condado, which is the area along the Atlantic Ocean with many of the high-rise condos and hotels. It also includes a significantly poorer area south of there.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.019 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:00 PM