Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Season
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
11-13-20 11:26 AM - Post#316659    
    In response to Stuart Suss

I think it's a little unfair to claim that this was even a surprise. Yale came into the academic year trying to get its team to take the year off to save eligibility (and successfully did so with a bunch of its players). Other seniors around the league entered the transfer portal early to get a jump on things. Maybe there's a beef about the communication surrounding how this went from "unlikely" to "officially cancelled," but to pretend like anyone thought there were good odds of this season being played as the summer wore on is disingenuous.

I will miss Ivy hoops this year. My favorite sports moment of every year is the opening weekend of the NCAA Tournament, and the centerpiece of that is when the Ivy rep plays. Not having that for what will end up being a span of three years is really sad. At the same time, the current positivity rate is the highest it's been since April and our case counts are setting uncontrollable daily records. My need for Ivy hoops seems really, really, really small compared to that.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.23 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:43 AM