Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: This proves that Covid can be managed at Universities
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
12-30-20 08:11 PM - Post#318351    
    In response to bradley

I don't think we are fans of a league that would refer to playing through a pandemic as simply "adversity."

Detroit Mercy just announced that they're taking a mental health break. No positive tests, just dealing with this season has been hard on the players. Is that just "adversity" they should be playing through?

I get that everyone wanted to see Ivy hoops this year, and that it's angering to see other sports and leagues moving forward while the Ivy doesn't. To some extent that feeling is common in this pandemic (why do I have to follow the rules and not go to the gym, when I see all these people at my gym on Instagram all the time?). But the result of that feeling shouldn't be to make self-serving claims like "maybe some adversity would be good for them," when what you're really saying is "if they or their teammates get COVID they'll be fine and it'll teach them a lesson how to overcome obstacles."

This is a pandemic. Let's get some perspective. Stop blaming the presidents for making an entirely reasonable decision.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.106 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:09 PM