Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: This proves that Covid can be managed at Universities
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
12-31-20 01:42 PM - Post#318363    
    In response to mrjames

Your numbers are quite exaggerated MrJ. There were a couple of weeks where as many as a third of the games were cancelled (that's the high end of a couple of weeks) and there were many more weeks where a majority of the games got played. Do you know the percentage of games played vs cancelled? Do you know the number of positive tests vs negative tests in college sports? I know it's extremely low for many teams. For a self proclaimed empiricist you seem to want to highlight the exceptions and one off's quite a bit.

Also, there are literally HUNDREDS of non power 5 schools playing sports and operating with careful considerations to the athletes. So this is NOT a pandemic exclusive to those beholden to TV contracts.

The college presidents did not really try in my opinion. At least not with any thought they might continue. Certainly not the way most have tried.

This quote from Robin Harris is telling:

"They [the college presidents] just felt like that would be inconsistent with campus policies. It was not a difficult decision."

That's a very dismissive quote and supports what I believe happened. The IL Presidents don't have a crystal ball into the future that hundreds of other college presidents (mostly non power 5) don't have. They took the easy path out and didn't really care. Nothing you have said has changed my opinion of that.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:18 AM