Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Fire ND!
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
03-15-21 09:12 AM - Post#322041    
    In response to JPM

JPM, I enjoyed the back and forth between you and 137 back in the DP years, and always respected your well supported opinions, but I think you are wrong in your judgement of this teams talent level.

Let’s put Muscala aside, since Bucknell does not graduate 8 year and counting NBA players every year. One of the secrets of coaching in the PL is to get lucky every now and again and land that till now undeveloped gem that was Muscala. Granted Johnson and Willman were no slouches, and Willman was actually considered that years prize recruit, and he did not disappoint.

But I digress, Meeks and Funk could have played on any Paulson team, no maybes about it. Zander Rice showed tremendous progress in this ridiculous, aborted season. Ellis got off to a slow start shooting but picked it up and I expect great things from him next year.

In all honesty, I could make a case that Screen coming in was potentially a better player than Muscala, although it will take some doing to say that about him when he is done. Has a tendency to foul (and whine when he is called on it) and is not a great FT shooter like Mike, but a superior talent none the less and he’ll get better. And then there is Deuce Turner, 2nd highest scorer in PA HS history.

I am not able to comment, knowledgeably on ND’s coaching ability, other than to point out his tremendous W-L record in D3 and prior to last year at BU. Joyless? Players do not like playing for him? I don’t know. Never heard any of that when the Bison were winning. Losing brings the BS. Witness DP circa 2008 on this board. I was right there helping lead the charge to dump him. Again, what do I know?

ND was my second choice for HC when DP left, and I was not unhappy to see him brought in by the Bison. First choice was Dane Fischer, c’est la vie!

Btw, I would not be too quick to judge off that one Colgate game. Definitely a fiasco, and easily the seasons worst performance. Admittedly blame for that has to go in large part to the coaching staff.

Finally on another subject, if as posted by several that playing for Davis is joyless ( and again I have no knowledge either way) why on earth is Rice always smiling. Just sayin’

Good to hear from you again JPM!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.192 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:24 AM