Username Post: 2020 Bison Football
jkrun80 
Postdoc

Reg: 05-07-12
08-10-21 07:19 PM - Post#325930    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
  • Bison137 Said:

I thought that saying the field would be used for eight teams might be an exaageration. Now I see they have changed the press release to say: "offering additional training and practice space for several men's and women's teams."

Seems like the likely users will be football and lacrosse (a lot), plus men's and soccer (in bad weather and prior to playing a team who has a field turf soccer field). JKRun, any possible use of the turf field for T&F?

https://bucknellbison.com/news/2021/8/9/bison-c lub...

The track team would not have much use for the turf field. But my understanding is there will be meeting space in the new building which would be very useful, particularly before during and after meets. The video board could also be very useful for displaying results, etc.

The bad news is that the javelin runway has to move to the West Fields. Javelin throwers already labor in obscurity and moving them away from the stadium during meets makes matters worse. Given the great success of our throwers over the years, it's a shame there isn't a better solution.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.057 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:47 PM