Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ions
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
11-14-21 11:58 AM - Post#328397    
    In response to digamma

Iona employed a full court press the entire game. Wojik with only 2 TO's in 37 minutes really protected the ball. It might also have been that the better defenders were on Kirkwood, Tretout, Sakota and Ledlum though. Regardless, I was frustrated as Tommy sat Tretout for most of the game, but I now see that he had 5 TO's in 20 minutes. Tretout is a much better offensive weapon (9 pts in 20 minutes) than Wojcik (6 pts in 37 minutes), but yesterday we needed someone to break the press and play like a true PG. On the season, Tretout has 20 points in 48 minutes, with 3 assits and 8 TO's, whereas Wojcik is at 8pts in 52 min with 3/2 A/TO.

Nice to see Freedman have a role. It seems to me that Tommy is looking for opportunities to rest others and insert Spencer when the opposing lineup presents an opportunity to protect Spencer's defensive weakness. He scored 7 points in 11 minutes, but did have 2 TO's. One was when he penetrated but then had to pick up his dribble as he couln't get to the rim. Spencer did make every shot he attempted (1 basket, 1 '3', and 2-2 FT's).

Couldn't believe we were facing Rick Pitino down the stretch with Freedman, Silverstein, Wojik and Sakota on the floor. Iona just kept feeding their bigs, who shot 67% on the day, seemingly all at the rim. With Mason and/or Justice it would have been much different.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.569 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:57 PM