Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Quinnipiac
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
11-29-21 08:17 PM - Post#330147    
    In response to JBears

I’ve evolved my thinking on how offenses are supposed to work in today’s game. I’ve always had a bias towards a motion offense where most buckets are the result of assists. Reality is that’s a very 1980s way of looking at it. Creating for yourself is a legitimate tool in an offense - and once Lilly got the ball, he did a fair amount of that last night. It’s those 6 assists games that bother me. Or when only 40 pct of your scores are coming from assists. That’s not enough.

There are ball stoppers in this offense. But I’ve also seen them share the ball. I agree they could do more of it on the perimeter. But I love it when they are driving it towards the basket. Friday, Choh, Wojcik and Nana all do that a fair amount, as does Lilly. And when Meren and Cooley are in there, they do that as well. That’s an asset they need to balance with moving it around the perimeter. (Says the former early 90s HS player.)
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.202 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:35 AM