Username Post: Women's Basketball 2021-22 Season
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
12-02-21 11:02 PM - Post#330468    
    In response to jkrun80

• jkrun80 Said:
The next several games will tell how good the team is going to be. It's going to be a challenging stretch vs. Penn, St. Bona, GMU, and Buffalo. Fortunately, only the St. Bona game is on the road. If they can win two and be competitive in the other two, I'd call that a success. Then they open PL play at home vs. Boston, which will not be a cake walk.

One thing to note about the Penn game: Penn is a quality team with a couple of very good players. But all eight of their juniors and seniors were given four game suspensions prior to the season for some sort of hazing incident. The suspensions are being served on a mix-and-match basis over the team's first eight games, so every game sees a different lineup. If I have analyzed it correctly, I think their star, Kayla Padilla, who is averaging 22.5 ppg, will not be allowed to play vs the Bison. Also starting PG Mandy McGurk, the sister of former Bison Megan McGurk, also appears to be on the suspension list for this one.

McGurk, btw, had a scholarship offer early in her junior year from Aaron Roussell, but couldn't make a quick decision. That scholarship was instead grabbed by Tai Johnson. McGurk much later committed to Penn

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.244 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:36 AM