American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Fire ND!
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
12-06-21 10:55 PM - Post#330799    
    In response to Scotty-14

I agree that Timmerman this year has earned playing time. But I don't think he deserved much the first two year. As a frosh, he was listed at 295 and was likely heavier. Now, fwiw, he shows up as 265. To my eye, I think the actual difference is at least 30. Some may recall that Timmerman, by his own admission, said he couldn't play as a high school soph when he weighed over 290. Then he dropped to 245 and turned into a legitimate D1 player.

I watched the Rider game, when Timmerman got minutes because Newman was not available. While he did score a few baskets, my own remembrance is a bit different, as I thought his weight and lack of quickness hurt him a lot. He only got one rebound in 22 minutes and struggled mightily to stay in front of his man. He managed to foul out in 22 minutes.

After Rider, he fouled out in 16 minutes vs Albany the next game. Again he appeared to be carrying too much weight to guard anyone. After that, he never got more than 10 minutes in a game and rarely played more than two minutes. Also for the year he committed close to eight fouls per 40 minutes. This year he is committing about three fouls per 40, and I think his footwork is much quicker.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.623 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:00 PM