Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Where do we stand
JadwinGeorge 
Senior

Reg: 12-04-15
12-09-21 11:13 AM - Post#331007    

Hard to be surprised by anything re: Ivy basketball after 600-day layoff. Nevertheless, Columbia is floundering to a degree I find shocking. At this point I believe the Tigers have done well. They have more than held their own against mid-major competition. Losing to Monmouth was hardly a shock, nor was the loss at Hofstra, although I think it is foolish to play a game after three hours sitting in traffic in a bus. (Same thing happened to the women at Fordham). With $30+ billion in the bank why not put the kids in a hotel for a night?
Harvard has not settled on a rotation yet because Amaker cares little about the OOC results. Jones knows what he's doing, of course, so one ought not read anything into Yale's scores either. Cornell is a surprise. Sure, Earl has played some cupcakes but make no mistake, he's changing the culture above Cayuga's waters. SD hasn't been at full strength, as far as I can tell, nor has Penn played at home much, and one its home games was against Villanova. If there is a home court advantage anymore it's The Cathedral on the Schuylkill. Dartmouth is capable of an upset or two. Brown is, if not a lock for Ivy Madness, a pretty good bet. This season should produce a mad scramble right down to the last week. And I love it (as long as the Tigers are in it).
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.404 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:22 AM