Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell shuts down campus
penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
12-27-21 04:15 PM - Post#331868    
    In response to Jeff2sf

• Jeff2sf Said:
honestly, I don't really like to be this strident. Unlike virtually all of you, I risked my health in the vaccine trial because I wanted to help out. I believe in the science and I've also got my eye on Omicron.

But there are people, Penn Nation being the best example, who have shown they are as intransigent as the COVID deniers when it comes to relaxing restrictions even in the face of "Good" numbers. Since I can't trust them to act in good faith, I have to oppose their lack of guts.

Guess what, Mr. Bacon?

I was out of town visiting a loved one in a hospital's critical care unit last week (non-COVID issue). Or trying to, anyways. It was COVID central--COVID patients completely overwhelming the unit and multiple nurses rushing to rooms and slamming doors.

When I first got there, they allowed 2 visitors per patient per day (and you couldn't leave and come back later). But after a few days, they trimmed that down to 1, given that staff and patients (!) were getting infected (or reinfected) by family members who WERE NOT MASKED and/or unvaccinated. So I was unable to visit at that point.

And now, today, there NO visitors allowed in the entire hospital network (and another network in the area). It is crucial for my loved one that this visitor be allowed in the room as this will assist the recover room, but no matter--no exceptions for now. People are still acting as if COVID is someone else's problem.

Please get vaccinated. Please wear masks indoors. The more this spreads, front line workers and those exceedingly vulnerable to COVID will get affected as well. Hospitalizations will continue to increase and in more and more places they are getting overwhelmed.
And in my own case, this has had a profound effect on a family member's treatment at multiple hospitals.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.109 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:36 AM