Username Post: Boston U Game
nh2032 
Sophomore

Reg: 02-28-06
01-01-22 04:38 PM - Post#332061    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
  • nh2032 Said:

But for those who are in the only doom and gloom crowd tune into some of the other PL games today and see how awful the rest of the league is too. Lehigh and their single D1 win taking on American should be a barn burner.

I agree that there are a lot of horrendous PL teams. Here are the current rankings:

268 Army
273 Loyola
301 Lafayette
314 Bucknell
323 American
326 Lehigh
348 Holy Cross

But it gives me absolutely no consolation at all that Bucknell is not the only horrendous team in the league. If ND cannot produce teams that are consistently better than #200 - given that he has the best facilizes and the team with the best PL hoops tradition (by far) - then I think there is no question that he should be replaced. Worse, the trajectory is straight downhill. Ranking (Pomeroy) for the last six seasons:

2017 - 76 (DP recruits)
2018 - 97 (DP recruits)
2019 - 145 (key players DP recruits)
2020 - 242
2021 - 276
2022 - 314

With this trend, can 350 be next?

Or take a broader view of how significantly the MBB landscape has changed in the last few years and realize that given the new transfer rules (both COVID driven and otherwise with immediate eligibility) and the NIL law the Patriot League is now disadvantaged across the board compared to other conferences. To the point where we may be headed back to The Last Amateurs days pre-scholarships.

The fact is when the transfers we've lost care more about getting to 1 million TikTok followers or launching a clothing brand than the actual playing time they are getting I don't know what Davis (even with his shortcomings) is supposed to do about that.

I firmly expect the PL teams more willing or able to play the transfer game (ie. Boston and Colgate) to stay near the top with the service academies peppered in based on their unique draw.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.115 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:41 AM