Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
01-18-22 12:19 PM - Post#333663    
    In response to Bruno

I'm disappointed by 1-4, but not necessarily surprised. According to Kenpom, we've played the toughest conference schedule thus far - if you look at the league standings, the top four have played the easier schedules - Princeton has played the easiest schedule thus far - and the bottom four have played the toughest. The question is whether we can take advantage of our home games like Princeton has. If we go 4-3 at home, as was the case in 2019 and 2020, I don't like our chances.

I took a look at some stats yesterday night - a couple things stand out:

1. We are uncharacteristically bad on the boards right now - we're allowing opponents to grab offensive rebounds on 29% of available rebounds, which is worst in the league. This has to be a point of emphasis against Columbia, as Nweke and Harding are two of the better offensive rebounders in the league, if they play.

2. We're not turning teams over enough - we're getting steals on 8% of defensive turnovers and forcing non-steal turnovers on 7.7% of defensive possessions, which are 6th and 7th in the league, respectively and well below the D-I average.

3. Bruno, you mentioned Mitchell's invisibility on offense, but I think we're really being held back by Dan Friday. 28% of our offensive possessions end with him, which puts him in the top 10 in the league for usage. His Offensive Rating is a 70.6, which is not only the worst among players with a similar rate of usage, but is among the worst Offensive Ratings for qualified players in the league. Only Columbia's Robbie Stankard and Mitchell are less efficient. He is certainly a great distributor, but is still turning the ball over too much and isn't getting to the line enough or shooting the three well enough to make up for that. I like what he brings on the defensive end, but line-ups with him and Mitchell are an offensive nightmare right now.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.733 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:16 PM