Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-30-22 02:17 PM - Post#334771    
    In response to Ever True

Yes just when I’m ready to get out they pull me back in.

It’s a great win for Cornell that they did not quite deserve given how they caved in the 2nd. I think a replay of the block that set up the game winner from under the basket would show the last touch was Patel and not Gainey. But they found a way and played an incredible first half. And when you let it be that close in a league game at home, Brown didn’t leave any room for error.

Brown played a fabulous 2nd half. Two eye-openers from the game. First was that zone press. Who knew? That was the difference in the half. And the second was Meren running point. The offense performed differently with him up there and of course it seems to free up Lilly some.

I was yelling at the screen when after tying it up they stopped pressing and even then became tentative on offense. They had them on their heels and then let up. It was the breath Cornell needed, because they were backpedaling big time and were on the ropes. Honestly at that point Brown needed to win it and they couldn’t.

I fear that may be it on the tourney. They had to have it one way or another. Disappointed as a fan and for them. But it was a great half of basketball to watch.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Edited by Bruno on 01-30-22 02:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.643 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:35 PM