Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Bison Transfers - How They're Doing
DoCtoR62 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-18-08
02-16-22 09:27 AM - Post#336569    
    In response to Scotty-14

Spear is a talented player and, I agree, the most productive player on a pretty dysfunctional RMU team. He is nowhere near 1,000 points as you asserted, and I truly don't believe he's among the top 15 players in the Horizon, a league filled with 22-23 year olds who are on their third, and in some cases, fourth teams. The sole vote getter on the RMU roster, I could see him making 3rd team, but most of the teams in the top half of the league standings have at least 2 players better than him. We will see.

I also disagree with your take on Ellis, though I do like your word transformational. My original point was that I didn't think any of the players lost, with the exception of Sotos, would transform this program, using your word. Would it be a better team with Spear and Ellis? Most likely. Would it be contending for the upper echelon of a weak Patriot League? I don't think so, which was what I was trying to say.

Again, my comments aren't meant as criticisms of any player. As one who has spent my entire adult life in higher education, I have always recognized how special it is to be a Bucknell recruit and athlete. You need to be among the best of the best to be considered. Like with everyplace, some are better fits than others, but I hold all of the players, past and present, in the highest regard.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.155 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:49 PM