Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tommy Amaker
Condor 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
02-16-22 11:00 AM - Post#336575    
    In response to palestra38

This is not to seem disparaging to TA in any way. I think he is an excellent recruiter and a good coach. However, I would ask you all this. If you were Duke, would you be looking for a great recruiter or a great coach. Obviously, any coach needs to do both. However, Duke is an easy sell. I would think the emphasis would be on coaching. In Coach K’s defense, he might honestly believe that Scheyer would have the greatest probability of success based on coaching alone. Further, even though Coach K is retiring, you still want him to be an ambassador for the program, i.e., you want to keep him happy. That they would allow him to take the lead shouldn’t be surprising.

Beyond that, I think we all agree that following a legend is always a challenge and may be biased with failure or at least an inability to satisfy the fan base.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.681 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:53 PM