Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Which would you rather have?
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
02-22-22 10:26 PM - Post#337336    
    In response to Bryan

Great question. As a fan, I would much rather have my team win the IL regular season championship as it is a far greater accomplishment than winning two games on one weekend. It becomes a moot point if one team wins both the regular season and IvyMadness which I hope takes place EVERY YEAR for both the men and women. If Princeton does not win the IL regular season, I hope that another IL that solely won the IL regular season also wins IvyMadness even if it is, God forbid, the Quakers. Why -- they earned it!

If two or three teams tie for IL regular season, one could only hope that the teams meet at IvyMadness Championship game to decide which team gets the NCAA bid that they have earned. Preferably, the game would be played at a neutral court for IvyMadness.

If I was a player, I naturally want to play at least one time at the Big Dance so I prefer winning IvyMadness if I only had one choice. Naturally, it is especially attractive if my team did not win the IL regular crown as you get a second chance. The reality is that it can all go in reverse as a player -- my team wins the IL regular season crown and loses to a #4 or any other seed at IvyMadness. I only think back to the Spencer Weisz/Cook senior team that would have been denied their opportunity to play Duke if not for a missed FT at the Palestra.

Easy solution, but a hard one, win both IL crown and IvyMadness.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.523 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:22 AM