Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn ILT
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
03-06-22 02:20 PM - Post#338221    
    In response to palestra38

Well, I can't believe I have to say this, but the comment about having three more games was tongue-in-cheek (and an attempt to rib gently), which I thought I made plain. I suppose it didn't land. I'm not sure what from the second post looked arrogant; I said Yale played well on offense, which they'll need to do if they want to win the ILT (not to say that they definitely will win with good offense, but they definitely won't without it), and then I said Penn was reeling. If the latter is what you viewed as presumptuous, all I can say is that Penn has pretty obviously struggled in its most recent games, especially on defense. Penn is 1-3 in its last 4, with the only win being on a buzzer-beater against Brown. On defense, Penn has given up 88 to Brown, 84 to Dartmouth, and 93 to Princeton. That's a pretty substantial departure from their previous form, in my opinion.

None of this means I think Yale will definitely win! For one thing, Yale is a flawed team (like all the rest of the Ivies), and just because Penn is struggling doesn't mean they can't turn it around - in fact, Stevie D is one of the coaches I would trust most to accomplish that.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.248 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:26 PM