Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
03-06-22 07:41 PM - Post#338239    
    In response to Ever True

Nice write up. I generally agree. How I feel about the season and how I feel about the state of the program are two different things.

The Ivy season was rough. Finishing tied for 6th with this roster is still hard to believe. This was a season where many thought we were a legit top two team. Underachieved isn’t too harsh. They did. By a margin.

I like the general state of the program. I like our talent profile. These are better players than Brown has had historically. And you saw that in the NC season in bunches. We’re credible, despite being 5-9 in a relatively weak Ivy. And even with the Ivy underperformance, our Kenpom rating in the low 200s is better than we often are. Program is objectively better than it has been through most of our history.

The issue is the Ivy performance. As I wrote at the start of the Ivy season, we consistently underperform against Ivy teams. Staff needs to look at that. Buzzer beaters or not. This year was an objectively bad outcome in the Ivy, and our kp rating has dropped consistently over the last X number of seasons once we’ve gotten there. Something needs to change - in approach or preparation or scouting or having more looks. I have no idea. I just know we are consistently disappointing there. Which I’m tired of.

I like the program. I like the team. I hope to see something change to make for a better performance against Ivy teams. Which of course is our only shot to play real postseason basketball.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.65 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:02 PM