Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Colgate
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
11-27-22 10:58 AM - Post#347144    
    In response to Penndemonium

On the offense questions/roles. Where else would you get MLL the ball? It seems to me he is playing a role that works for him. He passes well from up there, he sets screens, and he can roll off the screens and finish when there isn’t much traffic in there. Obviously he isn’t the threat to drive or shoot that AJ was, but that is ok. He doesn’t have to be. He’s not a low post player, so I’m not seeing a lot of other options for where he should be in the offense.

On Monroe, I continue to think it’s great that he brings it up. He tends to get a matchup where his defender isn’t as comfortable pressuring the ball as the guys guarding Dingle or Clark. Obviously he was at the center of a couple of bad possessions against the press late, but his problem on a couple of those was actually that he didn’t dribble the ball up the court.

Finally, I think the lack of crisp passing is a little bit of what you live with to spring Dingle and Clark. This isn’t the pretty motion offense that some Donahue teams run. This looks to get it to Dingle and Clark in spots where they can get a shot off the dribble. I don’t think it’s a lack of identity or roles — I think it is a focus on what our best two offensive players do, and they drive what the roles are around them.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.268 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:19 PM