Username Post: Possible Candidates for Bison Head Coach
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
03-03-23 05:34 PM - Post#352968    
    In response to DrBison

• DrBison Said:
While I totally agree about John Griffin, I respectfully disagree re Dave Paulsen. He had a great rapport with local fans, alums, faculty, and administration. Never heard any negative comments about his personality from all the above. I rate DP and JG evenly in terms of likeability. Either would be an extremely popular hire.

I know for a fact that some longtime Bison fans had complaints about DP, some of which went to John Hardt. The criticism was largely due to him never acknowledging the fans or thanking them, even when they went out of the way to support the team on the road. Much different from Flannery. However DP was a lot better in this regard than ND.

In any event, I think what Bucknell needs now - with the programs having descended into a black hole - is a coach with a lot of energy and passion. One who can sell recruits on a dynamic vision of how this program is going to quickly turn around. The landscape is a lot different now than when ND or DP or even PF got the job.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.158 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:36 AM