Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Colgate Roster and Look Forward
Doktore K 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-11-09
03-11-23 01:03 PM - Post#353701    

I wish Colgate success in the upcoming NCAA tournament as they should represent the PL very well. Maybe even win a game in round 1.

As I assess our situation as a cellar dweller vs. the league kingpin, I took a close look at the Colgate roster. How are they achieving such success as a top program? Note that I state program and not team. There is a difference.

Colgate is clicking on all 4 cylinders of basketball success: recruiting, player development, use of transfer portal, and lack of players transferring out. Don’t need to state the obvious here but Bucknell has struck out on most of these over the past 4 years.

I won’t over analyze our situation here. But the new HC and his staff not only need to recruit much better but also develop players better and lobby the Administration better for 5th year players and more incoming transfers. Enough of this “holier than thou” type policy for our basketball and football rosters when our PEER schools are all open to more flexible policies.

Colgate currently has 4 seniors and 2 5th year players. The Raider roster lists them all as seniors. Total point production per game is 50 points. One of the 5th year players is Lynch-Daniels who averaged over 12 points per game at 25 years old!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.218 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:16 AM