Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Women's Basketball 2022-23
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
03-25-23 11:20 PM - Post#355100    
    In response to Bison137

Say what you will, but it seems to me that a decision by these athletes to transfer is a basketball related decision more than it is an academic one. Now if CC transfers to Harvard, Yale or Penn, I will retract that comment. But the “ you can play right away” transfer rule takes stability away from college athletics and imo makes the name “student athlete” a joke. True as stated in an above post, we don’t know all of the factors involved, but I sure am skeptical about whether athletes are leaving Bucknell in order to get a better education somewhere else, and if it is to improve their basketball situation by going to a place where they will get more playing time ( which absolutely cannot be the case with CC), or more visibility in a higher profile program, then I think it is a bad decision. I am not referring here to COVID 5th year players, which is really an entirely different issue. Now is it possible that after two years in college a 20 year old may have gotten s firmer fix on what they want to do in life, and another school is better suited to provide the education they need ? Certainly! And in that case “go and good luck to you.” But for some reason I do not believe that is the case here.

Finally as to the coaching change comment, there is no way Coach Woodruff is being fired ( short of having committed some grievous offense that I know nothing about) so if a change is coming, and the 2 women are leaving because of that, then Woodruff must be leaving on his own , and he has already told the team. If that is the case, we will know real soon I would think.

Anyway, the transfer rule sux.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.169 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:41 PM