Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2024 Recruiting
pennsive 
Junior

Reg: 11-21-04
10-05-23 05:12 PM - Post#358282    
    In response to Mike Porter

I don't agree with the thought that but for coaching we had the best players and the best team. Princeton was better at 4 of the 5 positions, including way better at center and their sixth man power forward who killed us and looked good in the NCAA tournament. They were a Sweet Sixteen team for goodness sake. They would have finished second in the Big Five and would have had a much better chance of beating teams, or giving a game to teams that crushed us. Credit to them where credit is due. I do agree with you and everyone else on this board who has sounded off about our recruiting. Given what should be our built-in recruiting advantages, and the success some of the other sports team at Penn have had recruiting against the other Ivies, with and without built-in advantages, there is no satisfactory excuse for it. I never cease to be disappointed by Steve's inability to command the microphone, showcase himself in a way that someone would stand up and say there is a coach I would love to come to play for, and to make positive impact (in fact, more likely to make no impact whatsoever) when he is called upon to speak. That said, I am impressed from afar by his work ethic, and despite his obvious shortcomings, to have recruited what appears to be a very solid core of newcomers to the program. Go Quakers, and please prove everyone wrong.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.011 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:26 PM