Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2024 Recruiting
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
10-06-23 03:30 AM - Post#358284    
    In response to pennsive

I agree with Pennsive in all respects except I would be careful around the concept of built-in recruiting advantages. I'm not saying it doesn't exist - just that we've had 3 consecutive coaches unable to build off of it. I think being a college head coach is very hard, and not many are equipped to do it at an elite level. The Ivies will always have built-in disadvantages at the national level, so will always be looking for overlooked or developing gems. Those aren't easy to find. When we were perennial winners under Dunphy, there were many on this board that wanted him gone so that we could be stronger national competitors. The Ivy basketball game has only gotten tougher with recruiting, league competition, conference disadvantages, inequity in financial aid (however small), NIL, and more. I think our current university administration may also be a built-in disadvantage.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.265 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:56 PM