Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Next 4
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
02-01-24 05:28 PM - Post#362514    
    In response to Penndemonium

I feel a lot of apathy towards the program these days. I watch my fair share of Ivy hoops, but I haven't watched many Penn games - something I really didn't expect to happen.

It was frustrating but fun to see the team sneak into the Ivy Tournament the first few times, but the first-round exits have just been more & more frustrating.

2018 was great, but things might have played out different if Seth Towns didn't get injured in the second half.

Even if Clark didn't get injured, it was hard for me to see this group making it into the top 3. As it is, they could find their way into another 4 seed, but it is difficult to think they could get into the final or win the weekend.

I don't think any of the other non-Top 3 can win the Ivy Tournament, but at least they would be able to point to positive growth in the program by simply being there.

I think SD has done a commendable job moving beyond the catastrophic Miller & Allen years, but things really need to change. Whether the program is stuck in neutral or in a slow decline, they are losing long-time season ticket holders and fans.

Getting rid of Jerome was not a hard decision for Grace C. to make, given the poor record and behavior of a number of the players. Changing from a much better coach and mentor may be a more difficult decision, but Alanna S. has got to make that call. Sure, her hire might miss, but how many more years of this can everyone tolerate.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.416 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:40 AM