Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn II
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
02-14-24 08:19 PM - Post#363198    
    In response to TigerFan

i would assume so to the extent its legal in the IL.
the last i heard as of the summer is no collectives existed at Yale yet.
typically a collective would be linked to a sport or team.
vicky chun, yale's AD, has certainly encouraged money going to the program or an individual player ideally for an entrepreneurial venture or non profit participation. this is a vastly different stance than what i see in SEC/ACC country both firsthand through family members all the way to kids i coach. to my knowledge there have been challenges ongoing to the ncaa oversight of using NIL inducement of recruiting.
while i am not sure the status bc its fluid and state by state what i can tell you is that collectives do exist and do purchase players on the high school and free agent mkt as well as provide funds to retain said players.
so i would agree its a matter of time but likely will need someone to break the ice namely a marquee player actually transferring bc of lack of funds to actually establish the collectivr for say mens basketball.
yale for one is resistant bc it would like to promote equality for all. this is obviously not possible or realistic.
lacrosse could be a test case given joe tsai's involvement and passion and fact that he is ome
of wealthiest men in the world. he watches practice on his laptop
for example.
basketball is a different beast at yale. james never asks for money and says besides nicer meals for
road trips he wouldnt know what to do with it anyway.
will an awful catalyst like a key transfer change the tune? probably

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.192 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:32 AM