Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cantabs
sparman 
PhD Student
sparman
Reg: 12-08-04
02-24-24 10:29 AM - Post#363867    
    In response to SRP

Kind of a head scratching game to me. The score says it was a clear win and during most of the 2H it looked like Tigers were dominant, although I kept thinking H looked bigger and more physical but just couldn't shoot very well. Then I saw the box score that said the H FG percentage was actually better.

Then I thought maybe PU significantly outrebounded them. But the box score says the advantage was 4.

Then I thought maybe this was a significant foul disparity game. But the box score says we only had 2 fewer fouls called, albeit we made 5 more FT.

Then I thought maybe TOs were the difference, but the box score says only a margin of 3.

So I can only conclude PU had the cumulative benefit of doing a lot of little things just a little better than the opponent, st least enough to overcome a clear shooting off night. Just seems odd to me.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.134 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:27 AM