Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Men's Program
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
02-29-24 08:17 AM - Post#364145    
    In response to flinder

• flinder Said:
I mean, none of us are in the locker room, so we're all obviously speculating.

What I'm still curious about is what compelled them to unionize. Usually, when one does that, it's to get better working conditions. I haven't heard anything about McLaughlin being any kind of a taskmaster or unkind. (Plenty of players had issues with Cormier but loved Faucher, but the love for their coach didn't really correlate with the team's record...) But you don't form a union because everything is hunky-dory.

I don't know--I think I'm just confused and, given the team's continued sad-sackery, disheartened.

I agree with this. There may be good reasons not to publicly list the grievances prior to unionization. One of them might be that the public would not be sympathetic and, as a result, not be supportive of the union.

I suspect that such is the case with MBB. But again- its speculation on my part.

Not surprised that players had issues with Cormier. He spent some time in the NBA and probably learned some next-level stuff that he tried with Dartmouth upon his return.

And while I never played basketball, I did like Faucher as a person. I would not expect him to remember me, but we did have a short chat during his coaching tenure.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.193 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:53 PM