Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: OT--National Bleepin' Champions!
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-03-24 06:45 PM - Post#364427    
    In response to penn nation

I was friendly with a family that had the national #2 ranked squash junior several years back. The son eventually chose Princeton, but the father told me that Penn was going to become a powerhouse - that all the kids wanted to play for Gilly even though he wasn't a coach of the same fame as the Harvard coach and a few others. I think he had recruited the #1 player that year. He was just known as a coach that would intensely focus on the player, treat them with respect, honesty, and integrity. He was also known as someone who would make them be the best they could be - as he did for himself as a student-athlete. They said he was simply the hardest working of many great coaches. The players knew the coach would be working even harder than they were. That is quite a bit different from what we are hearing about our basketball recruiting.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.139 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:14 PM